Following are items identified by our teachers as valuable additions to our classrooms. Any and all contributions are welcomed and appreciated!
- For the Integrated Arts Program and All-School Assemblies
New Yamaha P-115, 88-key digital keyboard – $1,000
- For the First Grade Classrooms
21 Rocker Chairs to facilitate calming effect on students with multisensory movement needs – $84/chair or $1,764 for all 21
- For the Visual Arts Room
Replace outdated stackable seating with 22 stools (24”h) to create more art-making elbow room for students as they advance through the grades – $37/stool or $814 total purchase
- Add current titles, nonfiction and culturally inclusive authors to middle school classroom libraries. $50/month – $500/year per class. $4,500
- Subscription to noredink
Renew annual subscription to noredink, an interactive digital writing tool to improve students’ English language usage, grammar, essays and written expression. $5,850 per year includes access for all upper school students. A donation of just $2,500 is needed to complete subscription purchase for 2018/19.
- Science Resources and Equipment
Provide essential lab equipment, textbooks, and consumables for hands-on learning and experimentation in biology, physics and chemistry classes. $100 – $5,000
- Purchase 3 microwave ovens for student-use in the cafeteria – $210
- Transportation and food costs for 12 students to attend the NYC HBCU (HBCU = Historically Black College and University) Fair
New York is the closest venue for this college visit opportunity. $125/student or $1,500 total trip would make this Fair accessible to Paul Cuffee Upper School students for the very first time.
- Academic Improvement Incentive
To encourage more hours on Khan Academy and reward improvement on PSAT/SAT scores, the Upper School would like to be able to offer a spring tour to competitive New England colleges and universities to twelve students. $200/student or $2,400
- 8 Potted Plants for the Upper School Library
Purchase 8 plants to teach students about stress reduction through regular plant care and maintenance. $40 per plant includes ceramic pot, fertilizer and soil. A $500 donation would complete this request.