To join the Paul Cuffee School community and secure your child’s seat for the coming school year, please complete the following steps within 15 days of your acceptance to complete the registration process.
New Student Registration
1. Create a Skyward Account
Click here to create an online account using Skyward, the school’s official database. Once your user ID has been established, you will receive an email with a temporary password to log into the student registration screen and a link to access the electronic registration form. Please remember your login and password information, as you will need it in the future as well.
Current Families Enrolling a New Student
If you are a parent or guardian of a current Paul Cuffee School student, use this Skyward link and log in with your Skyward User ID and password. If you do not remember your login information, contact the Admissions Office at 401-601-6410 or email@example.com.
2. Upload Required Registration Documents to Skyward
To complete your child’s registration, the following documents must be uploaded to Skyward.
- Student’s birth certificate
- Proof of Residency (see here for acceptable documentation)
Proof of Residency in Providence is Required for Enrollment at Paul Cuffee School. If you live with someone else and do not have any of the required documents in your name, you must submit the following documents:
- A notarized Shared Housing Affidavit signed by the homeowner and yourself AND
- Proof of the homeowner’s residency.
- Physical exam and immunizations record
- Report card or transcript
- Parent/Guardian ID
- If applicable, Individual Education Plan (IEP) or other educational records
If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Office for assistance at 401-601-6410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help completing the registration or uploading documents in Skyward, you can schedule an appointment to meet with the Paul Cuffee School Admissions Coordinator in person by using this link.
Frequently Asked Question about Skyward:
Can I stop and go back in to complete the registration later?
Yes, you can use the link that was emailed to you and log in to continue. The link does not expire, and you can use it until the registration form is completed. You will need to use the email address used to register along with the temporary password that was emailed to you.
3. Complete Home Language Survey
Please complete this Home Language Survey (ENGLISH | SPANISH) and return it to the Admissions Office by the registration deadline. Forms will also be mailed to all accepted students.
- If you’ve added any other language besides English on the Home Language Survey, please read this letter for more information.
- Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off or mailed to:
Paul Cuffee School
459 Promenade St
Providence, RI 02908
New Student Screenings Information
Kindergarten Screenings & Welcome Session
Please review the available slots and sign up for a screening time for your child to meet with our early childhood educators. While students are being screened, parents/guardians will be attending a Welcome Session to meet school personnel, ask questions, and receive important information about the Paul Cuffee School community and your child’s education. The Screenings and Welcome Session will be approximately 30 minutes long.
- To reserve your screening time click here
- View the Kindergarten Screening flyer in English or Spanish
- Save the Date for our Ice Cream Social! View flyer in English or Spanish
Middle School Screenings & Welcome Session
Middle School screening information will be shared with families soon.
Upper School Screenings & Welcome Session
New Student Orientation Information
New student orientations are held in August so that students can meet their teachers, tour the building, and engage in organized activities with their classmates. New students will receive information and dates for their grade level’s orientation during the summer, before school begins.
Other Important Information
- Students must wear navy blue collared polos (with or without the logo) and khaki bottoms.
- Plain navy sweaters are allowed.
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Students may use the uniform colors: Navy Blue, White, Brown/”khaki” (no exceptions).
- Polos are optional with or without the school logo.
- Long-sleeve shirts/tops that are within the school color guidelines are allowed.
- All tops/shirts must cover the torso and must not have any words or graphic designs unrelated to the school logo. Exposure of skin on the back, shoulders, midsection is not allowed.
- Blue jeans are not allowed unless it is a principal approved dress down day.
- Pants/bottoms must be worn above the waist area.
- Dresses/Skirts are allowed but must be at a modest length.
- Every Friday will be a Dress Down Day for students in good standing.
New students will receive a complimentary navy blue school uniform polo with the school logo. Families are welcome to purchase more polos with the school logo from Donnelly’s. To view the Donnelly’s order form click here. Navy blue polos without the school logo are allowed and can be purchased at any store that sells navy blue polos.
Inspiring Minds KidsBridge
The KidsBridge Summer Learning Program provides soon-to-be kindergartners who have not yet had a high-quality early learning experience with a FREE six-week full-day program before school begins, to help them learn the norms and routines of school. View flyer
Get Ready for Kindergarten
Parents/Caregivers can watch these Paul Cuffee School instructional videos: Get Ready for Kindergarten – to help prepare your child for kindergarten. In addition, a Kindergarten Readiness Bag will be given to all new kindergarten students the day of their screenings. It is highly recommended that students and families spend time watching these videos and doing the recommended activities.
Thank you for completing your New Student Enrollment.
Once your registration has been received and reviewed, you will receive a phone call from the Admissions Office to confirm the registration is completed.
If you have questions or need assistance completing the registration, please contact the Admissions Office at 401-601-6410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.